With the impacts of Coronavirus being felt by businesses all over the country, we want to make sure all businesses have access to the right information. We've collated the top resources on this page and will be updating it as new information is available. (Last updated 25 March 2020)
Where to find help and information
• The COVID-19 website has everything you need to know about COVID-19 including information about support for business. Visit the website here https://covid19.govt.nz/
• Call the EMA Advice Line on 0800 300 362 for free advice on employment relations and HR matters.
• Call the Business NZ helpline 0800 543 543 for advice on contractual and financial matters
• The Government has announced an Economic Recovery Package which includes a wage subsidy and leave payments to support businesses – find out more here https://www.business.govt.nz/news/coronavirus-information-for-businesses
• The Ministry of Social Development has hardship grants for businesses and individuals affected by the virus - find out more here https://www.msd.govt.nz/about-msd-and-our-work/newsroom/2020/covid-19/index.html
And here are some printable fact sheets with key information:
• Information about financial assistance for essential costs https://www.hotcity.co.nz/sites/20180201.prod.hotcity.co.nz/files/2020-03/Flyer%20-%20Help%20with%20essential%20costs%20%28002%29.pdf
• Redundancy information for employers https://www.hotcity.co.nz/sites/20180201.prod.hotcity.co.nz/files/2020-03/redundancy-information-for-employers-coronavirus-.pdf
• The Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) has created a centralised online portal of government information https://www.business.govt.nz/news/coronavirus-information-for-businesses/ relating to coronavirus and how it may affect your business including information on:Hospitality NZ have guidelines for hospitality businesses https://hospitality.org.nz/news/covid-venue-guidelines
• tax obligations
• health and safety
• exporting and importing
• advice for employers
• The Ministry of Health is monitoring the situatation closely - find their latest updates here https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/novel-coronavirus-covid-19
If you feel unwell or require COVID-19 health advice and information, contact the Healthline team (for free) on 0800 358 5453 or +64 9 358 5453 for international SIMS.
• Banking - Some banks have offered support such as an overdraft facility, suspension of principal loan payments for up to three months, and deferred payment on business credit cards for up to three months.
Find out more about how the banking sector is responding here https://www.nzba.org.nz/2020/03/09/banking-sector-prepared-for-responding-to-covid-19/?utm_source=business.govt.nz&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=special_cv_edition